Thursday, February 28, 2008

Old Faithful and Me

My dream of a lifetime finally came true a few years ago. My name is Faith and I had always thought Old Faithful was named after me when I was little. My dream to see it took many years, and when I finally got to see it for the first time, I had tears in my eyes. Oh, yes, I was in my fifties when first did I step on the ground at Yellowstone Park in Wyoming. I had never really gotten to travel as a kid and my wish was to go to Yellowstone.
I do know Old Faithful was not named for me -- my gosh, it was there for millions of years! I felt very humble when I saw one of God's wonders of the world spew straight into the air with such forcefulness. Such beauty -- such intensity -- such peace. I am so glad my name is Faith -- maybe I was named for Old Faithful in 1948.
I made the trip with son, Dan and my mom and now after several years, Dan and I will be taking daughter, Patti and granddaughter Kait to see the beautiful park. I am anxious to be able to share the beauty with Patti and Kait.

No comments: